Sunday, November 22, 2009

I am the Great and Powerful Motherf*#%er

Just got home. Family is still in town (my parents) so I was at my older sister's house, who lives just outside the city.  Today's been a day. Earlier, my parents came to my house, which was a stranger event than you'd imagine. It wasn't so much visiting as it was catching the end of the Steelers game as it went into overtime, then demoing the functionality and features of the Xbox 360 since my parents want to buy one. You know, for Netflix and Facebook and last.FM and basically everything but actually playing video games on the system.

At any rate, back to my sister's house, where my niece begs to watch The Wizard of Oz with her. That's cool, I'm down with that; it's been a while since I've seen it.  Had no idea if my wife ever saw it, but ever since I introduced her to Babes in Toyland I don't ask anymore. Mostly I just started watching to see if I could find the hanged midget in the background, but then I started running Pink Floyd in my head and got sucked in from there. That's ok, it wasn't all bad. My niece and younger nephew were happy. My blood pressure was a little high by the end of the day, but I got out in time to get back home and bring the puppy out with zero accidents. He's happy, I'm happy, my wife's happy, and thus I am allowed to continue to exist. Until tomorrow, at least.

No comments:

Tweet